Recipe for white fish with cilantro pesto in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- 4 fish fillets, about 6 oz. each, rinsed and dried
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
How to make white fish with cilantro pesto
- Into the blender or food processor go the cilantro, oil and garlic. Pulse until mixture is smooth.
- Add the tomato and pulse just a few times. The mixture should be chunky.
- Put the cilantro mixture in a bowl and mix in the orange juice, vinegar salt and pine nuts.
- Set aside until ready to serve.
- The pesto is best if made just before you prepare the fish.
- It should be served at room temperature.
- Sprinkle the fish fillets on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat, melt the oil and butter in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add the fillets and cook about 3 minutes on each side until they are opaque throughout.
- Serve fillets topped with a spoonful of pesto.