Recipe for Texas scrambled eggs in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped
- 6 small corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 chopped green onions
How to make Texas scrambled eggs
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Cook tortilla strips and chopped onion in oil for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until tortillas are crisp.
- Mix eggs and chile. Pour over tortilla mixture. Reduce heat to medium.
- As mixture begins to set at bottom and sides, gently lift cooked portions with spatula so that the thin, uncooked portions can flow to bottom. Do not stir.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until eggs are set but moist.
- Top each serving with salsa, sour cream and green onions.