Recipe for Texas oven brisket in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 4 to 6 pounds fresh beef brisket, well trimmed
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
How to make Texas oven brisket
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- In a large Pyrex baking dish, thoroughly mix all ingredients for sauce.
- Put the brisket in the baking dish and turn it over once to coat it with the sauce.
- Seal the dish with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Bake at 275 degrees F for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for 1 hour before slicing.
- Slice across the grain and serve with sauce.