Recipe for Texas meat loaf in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups bottles salsa
- 75 whole, 3 to 4 cups, nacho flavored baked tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded taco flavored cheese
- Avocado slices, shredded
- Taco flavored cheese, tortilla chips and salsa, optional
How to make Texas meat loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat eggs slightly in large bowl.
- Add ground beef, 1 cup salsa, ground chips, bread crumbs, salt and half the cheese. Mix together until well combined.
- Turn mixture into a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Pat firmly into shape. Bake for 1 hour.
- Spread meat loaf with remaining salsa. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Return to oven and bake 15 minutes. Remove and let stand 10 minutes.
- Drain off any grease. Remove loaf to cutting board. Cut into slices.
- Serve with additional salsa, if desired. Garnish with avocado and cheese.