Recipe for Texas caviar in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 2 cups blackeyed peas, fresh cooked or canned
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small can of chopped green chiles
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced celery
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
How to make Texas caviar
- Drain peas, rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Combine olive oil, chiles, cayenne, onion, celery, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour over peas and stir gently.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- At serving time, add chopped tomatoes and cilantro and mix carefully.