Recipe for tex mex bake in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 2 cups crushed corn chips
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 ounces chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
How to make tex mex bake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine corn chips, egg and water. Press into 9 inch pie plate or casserole. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine onion soup mix, ground beef, chiles and 1/2 cup cheese. Evenly press into prepared crust.
- Top with tomato sauce, then green pepper. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and beef is done.