Recipe for tavern burgers in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make tavern burgers
- Combine and cook 1 cup onion and butter until clear and tender.
- Remove from fire and add remaining ingredients except beef, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook ground beef and remaining onion until brown. Add to mixture.
- Salt and pepper to season. Spread on toasted buns.