Recipe for taco filling in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 ounces chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 cup raw potato, grated
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups water
How to make taco filling
- Combine all ingredients and simmer for two hours.
- When the mixture is done, pour into a colander and drain well.
- Meat should not be greasy for tacos.
- Spoon meat into prepared taco shells.
- Top with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, grated cheese and taco sauce if desired.