Recipe for spicy marinated shrimp in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 8 cups water
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar or tarragon vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 to 2 serrano chiles, seeds and veins removed, finely minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced or put through a garlic press
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to make spicy marinated shrimp
- Combine the water, salt and lemon halves in a Dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp, stir, and boil gently for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- Combine the vinegar, olive oil, chiles, cilantro and garlic in a large zip-top plastic bag or other plastic container.
- Add the boiled shrimp and refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight, turning several times.
- To serve, drain liquid from shrimp. In a large bowl, combine chilled shrimp with additional cilantro, green onions and black pepper and toss well.
- Arrange in a serving dish and serve immediately.