Recipe for southern potato salad in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 10 large redskin potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 eggs, hard cooked, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups miracle whip
- 3/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 6 ounces chopped pimentos
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 jar of sweet pickles, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to make southern potato salad
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with water and add the salt.
- Boil until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Do not overcook. Peel and dice the cooked potatoes.
- Put the chopped potatoes, eggs, onions, pimiento, sweet pickles, celery seed and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix together the Miracle Whip, mustard and vinegar and stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture over the chopped vegetables and gently fold to coat.
- Chill several hours or overnight before serving.