Recipe for salmon croquettes in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 15 ounces can of red or pink salmon, drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 12 to 15 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped, optional
- 1/4 cup canola oil
How to make salmon croquettes
- Mash drained salmon in a bowl.
- Add chopped onion, lemon juice, egg, pepper and, if desired, parsley. Mix gently.
- Shape into six croquettes (patties).
- Crush the saltines between two sheets of waxed paper with a rolling pin.
- Set each croquette into the crumbs, pressing gently to make sure crumbs adhere, turning to coat both sides.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Fry croquettes on one side until golden brown, then gently turn and fry other side.