Recipe for rojo salsa in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 4 small tomatoes, about 1 pound, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 fresh California (Anaheim) or New Mexico chiles, peeled, finely chopped or 1/3 cup chopped green chiles
- 1/2 small jalapeno chile, stems and seeds removed
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make rojo salsa
- Combine tomatoes, chiles, onion and cilantro in a bowl.
- Mash garlic with salt to make a paste.
- Stir garlic paste into tomato mixture.
- Cover and allow to stand for two hours before serving to blend flavors.
- Serve at room temperature.