Recipe for river walk strawberry pie in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 1, 9 inch, graham cracker crust
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
How to make river walk strawberry pie
- Thaw strawberries in a colander.
- When they reach room temperature, combine them in a large mixing bowl with the sugar, egg whites, lemon juice and dash of salt.
- Beat until very stiff, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Fold the whipped cream and vanilla or almond extract into the beaten berry mixture and pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Freeze the dessert for 2 to 3 hours or until very firm.