Recipe for picadillo in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped or one 14-1/2 oz. can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2″ dice
- 1/2 cup beef stock, chicken stock or water
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 canned chipolte chile with 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
How to make picadillo
- Over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic.
- Drain accumulated meat juices and add remaining ingredients except cilantro.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Do not let mixture get too dry. Add a tablespoon or so of water or stock, if necessary.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with cilantro.