Recipe for pepper oysters in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 4 dozens oysters, shucked, save liquor
- 1 tablespoon or more lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons whole peppercorns
- 1 large bay leaf
- 6 large cloves garlic
- Pinch of salt
How to make pepper oysters
- Heat oyster liquor to simmering.
- Add oysters and poach 2 to 3 minutes until edges start to curl.
- Drain oysters. Reserve broth.
- Pound peppercorns, salt and garlic together.
- Add lime juice and sufficient reserved broth, 3 to 4 tablespoons, to make paste.
- Heat olive oil, add bay leaf and peppercorn mixture. Cook 3 minutes at high heat, while stirring.
- Remove pan from heat and add oysters. Cool and refrigerate at least overnight.
- Serve at room temperature. May be stored in refrigerator for several days before serving.