Recipe for pedernales river chili in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 4 pounds coarsely-ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seeds
- 6 teaspoons red chili powder
- 2, 16 ounces, cans tomatoes
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups hot water
How to make pedernales river chili
- Put the meat, onion and garlic in a large pot and sear until light brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Let cool, then refrigerate.
- Skim the congealed fat from the top.
- Reheat the chili to serve.