Recipe for pecan nuggets in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 4 1/2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar, loosely scooped, not packed
- 1 cup finely grated coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make pecan nuggets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix pecans, brown sugar, coconut and salt.
- Add honey, egg whites and vanilla extract. Blend by hand or with a rubber spatula just until ingredients hold together.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment baking paper or foil, drop batter by rounded tablespoons 1 inch apart.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Do not overbake.
- Cool completely on lined cookie sheet.
- If cookies stick, peel paper or foil from cookies.
- To store, layer cookies between fresh parchment paper in airtight container.