Recipe for pecan banana bread in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped and lightly toasted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
How to make pecan banana bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix first 4 ingredients with fork.
- Then use pastry blender to cut in butter until mixture looks crumbly.
- Stir bananas, pecans, lemon peel and eggs into flour mixture, until flour is just moistened.
- Spoon batter into a lightly greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes before slicing.