Recipe for ham loaf in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 1 pound smoked ham, ground
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1 cup saltine cracker crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
How to make ham loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Warm oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion until it has softened.
- Combine onion with remaining ingredients except apple cider, dark brown sugar and the 2 teaspoons of prepared yellow mustard. Mix well.
- Place the meat in a loaf pan, and smooth its surface.
- Bake the ham loaf about 1 hour.
- While the loaf bakes, combine the apple cider, brown sugar and 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard.
- After the ham loaf has baked 45 to 50 minutes, brush it with the glaze, and continue baking for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and let it sit for at least 10 minutes before cutting the loaf.
- Serve the ham loaf hot, at room temperature, or cold.