Recipe for fried oysters in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 1 pint oysters, drained
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal or masa harina, corn flour
How to make fried oysters
- Sprinkle the oysters with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Mix together the flour and cornmeal, or corn flour, until combined evenly.
- Roll the seasoned oysters in the flour and set aside on waxed paper.
- Heat oil in large pot or deep fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Deep fry oysters in batches until golden, about 2 minutes. Do not overcrowd. Do not overcook.
- Serve immediately.