Recipe for fried okra and potatoes in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 1 pound fresh okra
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
How to make fried okra and potatoes
- Wash okra and cut off stem ends. Cut in about 1/2 inch pieces.
- Peel potatoes and chop into 1/2 inch dice. Put okra and potatoes in large bowl. Add chopped onion to mixture.
- Sprinkle cornmeal, salt and pepper over mixture. Stir until cornmeal is evenly distributed throughout mixture.
- Heat cooking oil in large skillet over medium heat. Carefully spoon okra/potato mixture into hot oil.
- Fry, turning mixture occasionally, until potatoes are done and mixture is nicely browned, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain on paper towels.