Recipe for fried jalapenos in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 1, 14 ounces, can whole pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 pound Longhorn cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- Oil for deep-frying
How to make fried jalapenos
- Cut the tops off the jalapenos and scoop out the seeds.
- Stuff each jalapeno with one-half to one tablespoon grated Longhorn cheese, pressing it down into the pepper with your finger.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs and milk. In a separate bowl, stir the salt and pepper into the flour.
- Roll the filled jalapenos in the flour mixture, then in the egg mixture, then again in the flour mixture.
- Set aside to allow the coating to set while you bring the temperature of the oil to 350 degrees F.
- Deep-fry the jalapenos until they are golden brown.