Recipe for devil steak in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 3 pounds round steak, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 10 ounces canned mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
How to make devil steak
- Cut meat into small serving pieces. Trim and discard all fat and membranes. Pound each piece until 1/4 inch or less. Mix mustard and spices and dredge meat on each side in mixture.
- Heat oil in a large, medium-hot skillet. Fry a few pieces of steak at a time, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Add more oil, only if necessary. Remove steak pieces from pan and keep warm.
- Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid, and set aside. Add the mushroom liquid and Worcestershire sauce to skillet. Simmer liquid, scraping up any browned bits. Add the mushrooms and wine to liquid, heat and stir. Liquid may be thickened with flour or cornstarch, if desired, and served with meat.