Recipe for cream of pecan soup in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery leaves
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans, ground fine in the blender
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 4 sprigs of mint
How to make cream of pecan soup
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion and celery leaves and saut for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in flour and gradually add the chicken broth, stirring to incorporate flour.
- Add the soy sauce, nutmeg and ground pecans. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Remove celery leaves and discard.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.