Recipe for cream of green chili soup in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 pound fresh mild green chiles, such as Anaheim, roasted and chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Freshly ground white pepper, to taste
How to make cream of green chili soup
- In a saucepan bring the broth to a boil with the onion. Boil the mixture for 5 minutes, and let it cool.
- In a food processor chop fine the garlic and the chiles. Add the cream cheese, sour cream and cumin.
- Blend the mixture until it is combined well. With the motor running add the broth mixture in a steady stream.
- Blend the mixture until it is combined well and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Stir in the half-and-half, white pepper and salt to taste and chill the soup, covered, for at least 2 hours or overnight.