Recipe for cornmeal muffins in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
How to make cornmeal muffins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the cornmeal and stir to mix well.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg.
- Add the milk and oil, and pour all at once into the dry ingredients.
- Stir mixture only until dry ingredients are moistened. Batter will be a little lumpy.
- Drop batter from a tablespoon into prepared muffin cups (grease or spray with vegetable cooking spray), filling each cup 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and serve hot with butter.