Recipe for corn bread in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sweet milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
How to make corn bread
- Mix corn meal, flour and salt.
- Add all the other ingredients and let stand at least 5 minutes without mixing.
- Grease the skillet well and heat it.
- Now stir in mixture and pour it into the skillet.
- Cover the skillet and bake it on the coals, checking every few minutes to see that the heat is right.
- It is cooked when the top crust is a golden brown color.