Recipe for chili queen chili in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 2 pounds beef, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 pound pork, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup suet
- 1/4 cup pork fat
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart water
- 4 ancho chiles, seeds and stems removed, chopped fine
- 1 serrano chile, seeds and stems removed, chopped fine
- 6 dried red New Mexican chiles, seeds and stems removed, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons Mexican oregano
- Salt, to taste
How to make chili queen chili
- Lightly flour the beef and pork cubes.
- Quickly cook in the suet and pork fat, stirring often.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until they are tender and limp. Remove all pieces of fat.
- Add the water to the mixture and simmer for 1 hour.
- Grind the chiles in a blender or molcajete.
- Add to the meat mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for an additional 2 hours.
- Skim off any fat that rises, then serve.