Recipe for chiles rellenos pie in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 14 ounces canned green chiles, 2 cans
- 1 pound Monterrey Jack cheese, sliced
- 1 pound Cheddar cheese, sliced
- 4 teaspoons whole wheat flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cooked chicken or turkey, diced
- 2 cups mild salsa
How to make chiles rellenos pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut chiles open and line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with them.
- Layer both cheeses evenly over chiles.
- Add any remaining chiles over the cheese layer.
- Mix the flour with a small amount of the milk. Using a wire whisk, make a smooth paste.
- Mix in the remaining milk and sour cream.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time and add the diced meat.
- Pour mixture over chiles and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Pour salsa over top and bake an additional 15 minutes.