Recipe for chile con queso in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1, 4 ounces, can chopped green chiles
- 1 or 2 fresh jalapenos, seeds and stems removed, finely chopped
- 1, 14.5 ounces, can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 pound Longhorn cheese, grated, 2 cups
- 1/2 pound Monterrey Jack cheese, grated, 2 cups
- 1 cup sour cream
How to make chile con queso
- Saute the onions and garlic in the oil until onions are clear.
- Add the chiles, jalapenos and tomatoes. Rough-chop or break up the tomatoes with a spoon.
- Turn heat to low and add the grated cheeses, stirring until cheese melts.
- When ready to serve, stir in the sour cream, just until well combined and remove from heat. Do not boil.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.