Recipe for chile cheese quesadillas with salsa in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded medium-sharp or mild Cheddar cheese
- 3 to 4 teaspoons canned green chiles
- 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- Large clove garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar or tarragon vinegar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, veins removed, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to make chile cheese quesadillas with salsa
- Making quesadillas is like making tortilla sandwiches.
- Mix together the cheeses and spread equally on four of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle the chiles evenly over the cheese. Top with the remaining tortillas.
- If you have a skillet or griddle large enough to accommodate all 4 quesadillas, warm it up and add the oil.
- Over medium-high heat, cook the quesadillas 2 minutes or until bottoms are browned.
- Carefully turn them over and brown the other side. Remove from heat and cut each into quarters.
- If your skillet is smaller, cook quesadillas one at a time, using 2 teaspoons of oil with each quesadilla.
- For the salsa: Combine all ingredients in a non-metallic bowl. Chill for 1 hour. Bring to room temperature, stir and drain any excess liquid.