Recipe for chicky caliente in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 4 cups cole slaw mix, or 3 cups shredded cabbage and 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup minced green onion
- 1, 15 or 16 ounces, can of pinto or red beans, drained
- 1 cup salsa, your choice
- 6 chicken thighs, skinned and boned
- Sweet paprika
How to make chicky caliente
- Combine the cole slaw mix, celery and onions in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and vent.
- Microwave at high for 7 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Stir halfway through, if your microwave has no carousel.
- Stir the beans and salsa into the cooked vegetables, combining well.
- Arrange the chicken thighs over the mixture with the thickest portions toward the outside of the dish. Cover and vent.
- Microwave at high for 9 minutes, rotating dish a quarter turn every 3 minutes.
- Turn chicken thighs over and sprinkle with lots of sweet paprika to make them look nicely browned.
- Microwave at high for an additional 6 minutes and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.