Recipe for chicken mole in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 3 cups water
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 chicken legs and thighs
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 teaspoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup crushed corn chips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
How to make chicken mole
- Bring water, chicken and celery to boil.
- Cover and reduce heat, letting simmer about 1 hour, or until meat comes away easily from bones.
- Remove chicken from broth and set aside to cool. Strain broth and keep liquid. Discard celery.
- In a blender, combine half of the broth with the cilantro, salt, cumin, cloves, chili powder, garlic, raisins, corn chips and onion. Pulse several times to blend.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and carefully add the blended ingredients.
- Heat and stir for 5 minutes. Add the remaining broth, tomato sauce and melted chocolate to skillet. Cover and simmer on low heat 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove skin and bones from chicken and cut into bite-size pieces. Add to sauce in skillet.
- Taste and correct seasonings, if desired. Simmer for 10 minutes. Toast almond slivers and use as garnish.