Recipe for carne guisada in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 2 pounds chuck roast, trimmed and cut in bite-size pieces
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 or 4 jalapenos, stems and seeds removed, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups beef stock
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
How to make carne guisada
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the meat cubes in a paper or plastic bag.
- Sprinkle the flour over them, close the bag and shake to coat the meat lightly and evenly.
- In a Dutch oven or heavy skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the meat and brown quickly.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Cover the Dutch oven or skillet and place in the oven. Roast for 2 hours.