Recipe for black eyed pea dip in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 2 cups black-eyed peas, fresh cooked or canned
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons bacon drippings
- 1 can of ro-tel tomatoes, 10 ounces
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make black eyed pea dip
- Saute the onion in the bacon drippings.
- Mash peas with a potato masher to break the skins. They should be chunky, not pureed.
- Combine the peas, sauteed onion, tomatoes and cheese.
- Over low heat, stir until cheese is melted and dip is heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.