Recipe for black beans habanero in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 4 leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups acorn or butternut squash, cubed
- 1 habanero, seeded, stem removed, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked black beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup pine nuts
How to make black beans habanero
- Saute leeks, garlic, squash and habanero in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add sherry and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Add beans, thyme, cumin, black pepper and vinegar.
- Continue to simmer until beans are heated through.
- Stir in pine nuts and cook 1 minute longer.