Recipe for barbecued chuck roast in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 3 to 4 pounds chuck roast, 2 1/2 to 3 inches thick
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, crushed
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup sherry, dry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato catsup
How to make barbecued chuck roast
- Mix all marinade ingredients except the catsup.
- Pour over the roast and marinate for at least 24 hours.
- When grill is ready, remove the roast from the marinade (reserve the marinade) and put it on the grill, 4 to 5 inches from medium coals. Put the cover on the grill.
- Mix the catsup into the marinade and baste 4 or 5 times during grilling.
- It will take about 1 hour and 15 minutes for the roast to reach 160 degrees F.