Recipe for baked sweet onions in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 4 pounds large sweet onions
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 10 3/4 ounces can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 slices of french bread
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted
How to make baked sweet onions
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Slice onions and cut each slice in half.
- Saute onion slices in butter in a Dutch oven until crisp-tender.
- Transfer onions to a lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Combine soup, half-and-half, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over onions.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over sauce. Arrange bread slices on top and brush with 3 tablespoons butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until golden brown.