Recipe for Texas macaroni and cheese in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 1, 16 ounces, package ground pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups milk
- 1, 16 ounces, loaf Mexican pasteurized cheese
- 1, 4 1/2 ounces, can chopped green chiles, drained
- 16 ounces macaroni, cooked
- 8 ounces shredded southwestern cheese blend
How to make Texas macaroni and cheese
- Cook sausage and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain.
- Add flour, cumin and milk, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add Mexican cheese and chiles, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Add macaroni. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese blend and serve with salsa.