Recipe for Texas deviled eggs in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 6 hardboiled eggs, peeled
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Chili powder
How to make Texas deviled eggs
- Cut a small slice from the tips at both ends of the eggs to create a flat surface for them to stand upon.
- Slice each egg in half crosswise.
- Remove yolks. Place in a small bowl and mash.
- Add scallion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, mayonnaise and mustard. Blend well.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the yolk mixture into each egg half.
- Top each with cheese. Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Cover. Store in the refrigerator.