Recipe for jalapeno cornbread in our easy tex mex recipes collection.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces canned jalapenos, drained, chopped
- 2 ounces jar of pimientos
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon bacon drippings
How to make jalapeno cornbread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in cheese, jalapenos, pimientos, onion and crumbled bacon.
- In another bowl, beat together water, oil and eggs.
- Stir in dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Melt bacon drippings in an 8 or 9 inch skillet or pan.
- Pour batter into hot pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.